Ghana Mission Geneva
Consular Service Fees
  • Dual Citizenship fees for Geneva; Form - CHF 150.00
  • Processing Fee - CHF 250.00
  • Replacement of Dual Citizenship card - CHF 100.00
How to Apply for Dual Citizenship!
  • Apply to the Hon Minister for the interior for the grant of Dual Citizenship.
  • Purchase of Form 10 at the cost of SFr: 150.00) from the Permanent Mission of Ghana in Geneva. Attachments to Form 10
  • Evidence of Ghanaian Nationality Birth Certificate / Passport
  • For Persons who have renounced their Ghanaian Citizenship Evidence of Renunciation of Ghanaian Citizenship.
  • Evidence of Parent’s Nationality – Passport, Voters ID Card, Birth Certificate.
  • Full residential address and contact numbers of Two (2) Ghanaian relatives living in Ghana
  • Six (6) passport sized photographs
  • Issue of Certificate signed by the Hon Minister for the interior (Form 11) at the cost of SFr: 250.00

A Dual Citizenship Holder

Shall be issued with a Ghanaian passport or travel document or dual citizenship certificate beside the Passport of the other country he / she is a national of.

Shall be permitted to remain in Ghana without limitation provided the person entered Ghana on a Ghanaian passport.

It is an offence for a dual citizenship holder to use two passports interchangeably to deceive an Immigration Officer and is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding 250 penalty units or a term of imprisonment not exceeding one year or to both.

No dual citizen of Ghana shall qualify to be appointed as a holder of any office specified as below: -

  • Chief Justice and Justices of the Supreme Court;
  • Ambassador or High Commissioner;
  • Secretary to the Cabinet
  • Chief of Defence Staff or any Service Chief;
  • Inspector- General of Police;
  • Commissioner, Customs, Excise and Preventive Service;
  • Director of Immigration Service;
  • Commissioner, Value Added Tax Service;
  • Director- General, Prisons Service;
  • Chief Fire Officer;
  • Chief Director of a Ministry;
  • A rank of a Colonel in the Army or its equivalent in the other security services; and Any other public office that the Minister may be legislative instrument prescribes.